God gave us His Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and made us righteous through Him. Our Lord Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit our comforter, helper and teacher. The Holy Spirit teaches us to understand the spirit in us, so that we have His nature. The spirit in us is the righteousness of God.
Understanding the Spirit can be the toughest stage in one's Christian life. Most of us, after receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal savior and as we start reading the Word of God, we realize that we are meant to live by the Spirit. We try as much as we can to exercise it, but our flesh is a challenge and we find ourselves doing exactly what we don't want to do. The biggest challenge most Christians face is normally the tongue, saying things that we end up regretting. But its normal that we face these challenges for it also happened to our brothers and sisters in the Bible. Apostle Paul said, in Romans 7 vs 15, I do not understand what I do, for I don't do what I would like to do, but instead I do what I hate.
Take some time to think about what your challenge is. Below is a list of some of the fleshly desires highlighted in the bible that hinder us from what God called us to do on this earth.
Identify your weakness:
- Laziness
- Jealousy
- Selfishness
- Anger
- Gossiping
- Pride
- Unforgiveness
- Easily Offended
- Sexual Immorality
- Alcohol
- Over eating
Is any of the above your struggle today? Well there is good news for you, there is the power of the Holy Spirit, our helper that can give us victory over them all. Through prayer and exercising self control, you can control the things that your flesh struggles with. Acknowledge the Holy Spirit, ask for his help and guidance and He will walk the journey with you!
Enjoy your walk in Christ and stay blessed.
For more info, visit - Justified With Purpose YouTube channel or follow us on Facebook @justifiedwithpurpose
